Tuesday 13 October 2009

Helmet Cam has arrived!

Not quite sure how to use it or secure it to my helmet yet, but my waterproof (it's very wet out there) camera arrived today - I'm an IT Teacher should be a sinch.....I promise not to post the photos or films unless vetted by Mrs G 1st, but by the sounds of it, there won't be much broadband access so it will probabaly be short texted updates.

Having read all the guys Blogs who have been out there the last 2 weeks, it's certtainly going to be very challenging. Heavy rain has made it both slippy and cold at times, so a little re-think on the packing methinks. One quote of "Ever tried to ride a duck on a pond of snot?" and "another day of riding on modelling clay" are adding to the anxioty. At least I'm not alone and other similar old blokes are cacking themselves too. Can't wait to get the bag on the scales and pray it's under 20kg and then I'll be on my way to Heathrow, finally.

A small matter of a 3000 word assignment also hinders my packing, but at least I can finish it at the airport.....hmmm, course I will :)
Gaz

1 comment:

  1. Gaz, Did I say riding a duck on a pond full of snot? sorry should have been riding a duck on a pond full of silicone snot!
    Good luck mate, have a great time.
    Bob(Team Blue's and Two's)

    ReplyDelete